Powered by Blogger.

what it's about


As you can see, it was a good day at the office. I love it when one big hit rolls into another, and then it's all aboard the PR homerun train. Stuff like this always makes me want to roll around on the ground in giddiness. (Although that glow never really lasts for long -- in this business, you're only as good as your next hit.)

I used to blog about work pretty much all the time. In fact, I used to define myself almost entirely by my occupation.

And now: Well, there's just so much more out there -- running and ramen and recipes and restaurants and really cute pictures of cats. And I kind of got tired of writing wine descriptors. (Honestly, all you have to do is say "apple" for white and "blackberry" for red, and you sound like you know what you're talking about. A random laundry list of really obscure items -- wet denim, asphalt after a light rain, mango that is exactly one day away from being overripe -- works well also. The power of suggestion is a marvelous thing -- say a flavor, and people will likely taste it.)

Also, I don't want work to find out about the blog (which is why I don't link to it from Twitter or Facebook) and start telling me what I should and shouldn't be saying (like for example, the paragraph above).

In the end it comes down to this: I started this blog for me, so I could write what I wanted without catering to an audience or an editor or -- god help us -- The Workshop. (Can you believe it's been seven years since I finished grad school, and I am still recovering?)

And sometimes I will write about work. And sometimes about running (OK, maybe a lot about running).

And sometimes about projectile cat vomit.

No comments