Powered by Blogger.

gluten-free pizza


And the experimentation continues: Tonight I tried Udi's gluten-free pizza crust. I was pretty hungry and didn't want to spend a lot of time prepping, so I just used canned pasta sauce (which was OK -- homemade would've been better) and then topped the pizza with shallots, thinly sliced tempeh and freshly grated parmesan. I popped it in the oven for about eight minutes, and when it was done, I drizzled some truffle oil on it.

Yum. Scarfed the whole thing. And the crust was light and crispy.

(By the way, Udi also makes awesome gluten-free bread -- I'm mad for their cinnamon raisin bread, which is especially out-of-control fantastic when it's topped with sunflower seed butter. So far, their stuff is the only gluten-free bread I've found palatable -- good texture, doesn't fall apart, doesn't weigh a ton. Grab some.)

And on a totally unrelated note, I haven't run since Thursday. I'm trying so hard not to go insane or start stressing out about my next race (which happens to be next month). I'm also trying not to get angry about the injury -- I know that's not going to help. Instead, I've been cross-training -- swimming yesterday, spin class today. And tomorrow I'm seeing my physical therapist -- really hoping she'll have some good news for me.

No comments