Powered by Blogger.

in sum

It snowed -- not at our house, of course, but in the hills. So strange to look up and see a dusting of white.


We went to the city. Spent the afternoon at Terroir with a beautiful bottle.


After dinner, a show: Equal parts orchestral, jazz improv, performance art, brain massage. Behind the musicians, hung a screen that flashed images. First, the word "hope." Then a single flame. Medieval drawings of the devil. A shadow dancing in a storm. I thought about taking a photo, but I decided it wouldn't be the same.

We left after an unfortunate incident involving -- of course -- an ankle. It wasn't mine, but I felt strangely guilty, like maybe there is curse and I bring it.


Today: A large serving of comfort. I chose butter corn in shoyu. It was delicious.


And then a long walk. Finally, the rain stopped, and we looked up and saw this.

No comments