Powered by Blogger.

munch monday


I know. Today is Tuesday.

I never said I'd be punctual.

And all you really need to know is every Monday is now Munch Monday, which means four or five food trucks are gathering in downtown Santa Rosa from 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. to feed the hungry masses.

And yesterday, that meant me.

Food trucks/carts/trailers in attendance were Fork, Dim Sum Charlie's, Street Eatz, La Texanita and Chicago Style Hot Dog.

I made a beeline for Fork. I'd been reading about their fantastic menu for awhile -- lots of organic and seasonal offerings and really high-quality ingredients. Seriously, look at this menu -- crab sandwiches and grass-fed beef from a food truck? Yes.


Given my current diet issues (yes, I've survived one week sans wheat -- more on that in a future post), I was all about the quinoa burger. And the lovely Fork folks were kind enough to substitute a bed of salad greens -- arugula topped with watermelon radishes and pepitas, to be exact -- for the bun.

Delicious from a distance ...


... and even more fantastic up close!

No comments