Powered by Blogger.

crossing guard couture


This vest is how I know summer is almost over. (Which is sort of funny, since this week marked the first summer-like temperatures we've seen in the past three months -- triple digits yesterday! I was melting!)

The daylight hours are shrinking, and it was still dark out this morning when I started my run. I'm a safety kind of girl, so I pulled the day-glo out of the dresser.

Thankfully, I haven't had to use the headlamp yet, but I'm pretty sure that fashion statement isn't far away.

On another running-related note, it's race time again -- the Santa Rosa Half Marathon is Sunday. My plan was to run this as a training workout and tack an additional three miles on so I hit 16, but the course is flat and fast -- pretty much ideal for a PR attempt. I'm kind of tempted to try for sub-2, but I don't know if this is smart. I don't want to work so hard Sunday that I ruin the following weekend's long run, which will be an 18-miler -- the first long run of Monster Month. Eighteen still scares me. The last time I did that distance in training, I almost crapped my pants.

Also, my right quad and abductor are sore. (Of course, right? Should I be surprised at this point? It's the week before a race, and guess what? Random pain! Why does this always happen?) I actually cut my run short this morning because I was afraid of aggravating things.

Decisions, decisions. Guess we'll see how I feel tomorrow and go from there.

No comments