Powered by Blogger.

could I be a workaholic?


Perhaps.

Tonight I went to a fancy wine party at the de Young. I ate goat cheese and currant cones (amazing -- I could spend the rest of my life snacking on these); teeny-tiny crepe purses stuffed with warm short ribs; truffle pork pâté; and golden beets with crème fraîche. And I sampled the 04 Sea Smoke Gratis Chardonnay (winner of "Best New Winery"), the 05 Cliff Lede Sauvignon Blanc ("Best Wines Under $20"), the 03 Paloma Merlot ("Best Wines Over $20" -- and big, big, big -- in a blind tasting, there's no way I would've ever guessed this was Merlot!) and the 02 Joseph Phelps Insignia ("Best Bordeaux-style Blend"). And I hung out with a lot of fellow PR folks. Saw the woman who recommended me for my job. And the woman who had my job before I did.

You know, I am really glad everything worked out. Not just because it was a nice party in a beautiful space with good food and good wine and a good DJ, but because I actually really like my job. And this is the first time I can say that about any job I've ever had.

No comments