Powered by Blogger.

s.o.s. signals


Apparently, my body is trying to tell me something.

And it's not a happy message.

One of the muscles in my inner thigh, just above my left knee, is swollen and extremely sore. I spent the day icing and elevating, and instead of running, I went swimming. (More on that in another post -- there's definitely a reason I'm a runner and not a swimmer!)

I'm not sure what's causing this. I just switched to a new pair of shoes (I usually go about 225 to 250 miles, and then I start to get a little achey, which is how I know it's time for new kicks), and I didn't change the type of shoes I've been wearing (still in the LunarGlides), so I don't think that's the issue. I haven't done anything different form-wise, either.

My suspicion is overuse. I've been running five days a week, and I recently added speedwork. I think it's just too much, what with the ever-increasing mileage.

Anyway, I'm scaling it back. Changed up the training plan so it only has four days of running, plus one day of yoga and another day of low impact cross-training (which will most likely be swimming).

And I'm trying hard not to think about Sunday. I keep reminding myself I was viewing this as a training run and not planning to race it, so if worse comes to worse and I can't run, the world isn't going to end.

Although it will screw up my attempt at becoming a Half Fanatic!

No comments