Powered by Blogger.

where we left off


So.

Yesterday's debacle is resolved -- landlord called this morning, check will be mailed ASAP, no need for me to learn black magic. Thank goodness. I haven't been that angry in a long time, and it definitely didn't feel healthy.

The mysterious leg pain is also headed toward recovery. Ran into my personal trainer friend last night at the gym. He did a couple of motion tests to figure out where the injury is, and it seems I was right -- slight strain in the rectus femoris. He gave me an exercise to get the muscle working through its range of motion again: Basically, I just lie on my back with my right leg bent, right foot resting on the ground, and then -- with my left foot flexed and leg straightened -- raise and lower my left leg very slowly, two counts up and four counts down. This sounds easy, but it was challenging -- I could definitely tell right away that my leg was weak. It's funny how bodies can get unbalanced like that -- one side working harder and pulling the other along until something painful happens and throws everything off.

Hopefully, the aches and pains until the next 26.2 will be minor. And yes, that big decision has been resolved as well: Portland, here I come. Bet you didn't see that one coming, did you?

Glad this week is almost over. (And didn't my lunch look good? Dim sum always makes it better.)

No comments