Powered by Blogger.

a pox


Came home tonight to find out my former landlord deducted a large chunk of change from our deposit, with part of that money going toward repairing a screen door that we never even had. When I called to complain, she accused me of lying and said I took off the screen door myself because I probably damaged it.

I swear to god, if I had the power to make someone's skin break out head-to-toe in burning, pus-filled boils, if I could somehow transport a ghost to the property so no one would ever want to live there, if I could even just sue her freaking pants off, I would.

But I'm not a witch or the winning eBay bidder. And unfortunately, it's my word against hers.

And apparently, I am a liar. Even though I have always kept an open line of communication with her and have been very congenial -- even when she raised the rent, I didn't argue with her. Even though I paid her on time every month, and the one month the check didn't arrive (because it got lost in the mail), I immediately drove down to her house in Novato to drop off the money in person.

So the word "livid" doesn't even begin to describe how I feel at this moment. For those of you who read this blog (all whopping five of you -- ha, I know I get such high traffic!), do not ever rent this house or have anything to do with the Conroys.

No comments