Powered by Blogger.

it only looks uncomfortable


The truth is, he loves it.

Kind of like me and stress. Today: My boss sends an e-mail at exactly 11:35 a.m., but I don't get it until 11:48 a.m. because I am tasting Merlot to confirm that this article is completely nuts and there's no way Napa River or even Franciscan makes better Merlot than we do. (I am correct. The Napa River is too light-bodied and "worked with," and the Franciscan is much too oaky and alcoholic. My conclusion: The Wines & Vines tasting panel must have all had serious sinus infections/bad colds/allergies when they tasted these wines.)

When I open my boss's e-mail, I realize I have to speak at the board of directors meeting next week. It's a last-minute request from one of the board members, who wants to hear all about our PR highlights for 2006, as well as my plan for 2007. I freak out for about two seconds. And then I start to work. I've been going back and forth all afternoon between Powerpoint (for visuals), Excel (for stats) and Word (for my handout) to create my presentation. I am tired now. I am sick of pie charts. I feel like I am going blind from staring at the computer (and yet I am still staring at the computer -- I am a masochist).

And yet there's something strangely exciting about seeing all the numbers and all the results and all the pitches I've done over the past year, all laid out in front of me. And it feels kind of good to be given the opportunity to talk about them. And to bring up the things I feel will be challenges for the next year.

And the truth is, I just really love deadlines.

No comments