Powered by Blogger.

cooking makes me miss him


I admit it: I am pathetic. I have not turned on the stove since he left. I have not gone to the grocery store, except once and that was to buy paper towels and a frozen burrito. I subsist largely on tomatoes from the employee garden at work (sometimes with cottage cheese bought from the convenience store across the street).

My saving grace is delivery from Sake House. I've already ordered the Chef's Dinner Bento (with sushi, a California roll and gyoza) twice in the past five days. And I'm tempted to order it again tonight, while I spend my Friday evening doing laundry and watching really bad movies that I am too embarrassed to rent when he is around.

Sake House sushi is actually good, unlike the other delivery sushi I've tried in the past. (We used to order from this place that made both Chinese and Japanese food, and the Japanese portion of the menu was really bad. The sushi rice was all mushy and gross. And the California roll was just a big clumpy mess.)

No comments