Powered by Blogger.

in sactown

This week, my travels have brought me to Sacramento for the Unified Wine & Grape Symposium.

Confession: I don't associate Sacramento with wine, even though Unified is one of the biggest industry events of the year.

For me, Sacramento is synonymous with CIM. In other words: Extreme weather, hip pain, feelings of despair and the memory of being chilled to the bone and wandering deliriously post-race with no cell phone after my first marathon, looking for my family because my mom had my gear check bag with my warm clothes.

I ended up at this pizza joint, and I begged the guy behind the counter to let me borrow his phone so I could call someone to come get me.


So funny to stumble across it again. It still kind of makes me feel cold inside.

I wish I could say I've progressed leaps and bounds since that painful first CIM, but right now, my running is straight-up laughable. I tried doing an easy run with Derrick tonight, but I couldn't even run a mile without taking a walk break. I knew it was going to be rough to come back from this stress fracture, but I didn't realize just how slow the process was going to be.

But at least there is ramen. Sacramento never disappoints when it comes to bowls of goodness.


(Dear Shoki: I love you.)

No comments