Powered by Blogger.

reliving it

As much as I love the written word, sometimes photos tell the story a bit better. Case in point: Sunday's absolutely insane trail run.

This is the first WTF moment, when we realized we were going to have to cross that stream (which to my city girl eyes, looks a whole lot like raging rapids).


Here I am running uphill on a trail that has been transformed into a small creek. (I am trying to look brave, but really I am uncomfortable and worried I'm going to trip on a rock and demolish my ankle again.)


This is pretty much what the landscape looked like that day. Beautiful but wet.


Here's our coach about to fly through a small lake. (Yes, this is still the trail.)


Another awesome thing about the rain: It brings out the newts. My running buddy Mariko made friends with this guy. (Notice Lisa's face in the background -- hilarious!)


And the wet weather isn't over. It's raining again as I type this. Thankfully, the forecast for Chesebro looks good: So far, no rain Saturday.

1 comment

Amber said...

Hahaha. FUN! ;)

I hit the trails last night for the first time since Fall. It was fantastic BUT they were dry trails ;)