Powered by Blogger.

because you care

Team ride this morning -- we met on Mercer Island and then did the south end of the Lake Washington Loop.

This photo makes me want new wheels and a TT bike. Gah.

Throughout the ride, my right cleat was loose, and I felt like I was wearing a tap shoe, not a bike shoe. I stopped to tighten it, and all seemed to be going well until just before Mile 25. I heard something metallic bounce off the road, so I pulled over and checked my shoe.

Doh!

Sure enough, one of the screws had fallen out. My right foot isn't the one I use to clip in and out at stops, so I decided to keep riding -- finished a total of 35 miles without further incident.

Anyway, I spent tonight putting new cleats on my shoes in preparation for tomorrow's ride. (That's right -- this stuff is now back-to-back. I'm pretty much in a perpetual state of low-level soreness and muscle fatigue. My quads scream bloody murder when I walk downstairs. I've also developed a shorts tan to end all shorts tans.)  

Obviously, it was time for a change.

My left cleat was so worn down.


Crazy when compared to the new cleat ...


... and I just realized I was holding those cleats in two different ways so the comparison doesn't make perfect sense. Whatever. Pretend you understand.

Oh and in case you're wondering: Yeah, I'm having a wild Saturday night, guys. Woo! Cleats!

No comments