Powered by Blogger.

what's playing in the basement

Since I'm not swimming, I've been spending a lot of time on the trainer.


Which means I've been sitting in a freezing-ass basement, inhaling the warm aroma of kitty litter.

And watching a shit-ton of Netflix.

What I'm currently streaming:

The Great British Baking Show 
Premise: Amateur bakers compete for the title of U.K.’s best
Why it works for the trainer: I like to imagine that if I bike hard enough, I’ll ride right through the TV screen and face-first into a giant cake, gluten be damned.

The Keepers
Premise: A docu-series that investigates the unsolved murder of a Baltimore nun
Why it works for the trainer: Workouts fly by because I’m completely overcome with rage at the unfairness in the world and all the horrible people who do horrible things and get away with them. Seriously, is there no justice?

Black Mirror
Premise: Each episode of this British series is a stand-alone drama that critiques technology, media and our modern priorities
Why it works for the trainer: Just watch the second episode of season 1 while you’re on the bike. You’ll feel very, very weird.

1 comment

Angela Knotts said...

Hah, I remember that Black Mirror episode! Yes I bet that would be super weird. I liked that show in some ways but eventually found it too dark & depressing to watch all that often. But many people have mentioned the Great British Baking Show to me so I probably need to check that one out.