Powered by Blogger.

chairman bao


Part of what makes the food truck phenomenon so exciting is the thrill of the hunt. I follow my favorite trucks -- as well as the ones I want to try -- on Twitter, read their Facebook updates and try to memorize routes.

Street-eatz comes to our office park every Tuesday at lunch, and lately, it seems like their seasonal special is vegetable soup (which is delicious, especially when you get a piece of crusty grilled bread to go with it, put the bread at the bottom of a bowl and pour the hot soup on top of it -- yum). The Napa trucks (and yes, I'm still jealous that Napa has more trucks than we do here in Sonoma County) seem to meet once a month at Oxbow for Food Truck Friday. And Fork is at Dutton-Goldfield quite a bit -- I've been dying to get my hands on one of their quinoa burgers.

One truck I've had my eye on for awhile is Chairman Bao, pictured above. I finally got to sample the goods in person at Saturday's Bazaar Bizarre craft fair in San Francisco. The Chairman -- along with Kung Fu Tacos, Twirl and Dip and Onigilly -- were all out front.

Even though we had just finished a mini-feast at Greens, Todd and I got in line. We both got steamed buns -- I went with the crispy garlic tofu with miso greens, and he ordered the pork belly with pickled daikon. (His first choice had been the duck confit with mango salad, but alas, they ran out.)


The buns were like open-faced sandwiches that you fold up and eat like a taco. They were delicious -- so much flavor! We were tempted to get back in line and order seconds.

No comments