Powered by Blogger.

where's the ... ?

Been traveling in Southern California since Monday with three winemakers on a Cabernet-focused tour.

In other words, I've been living out of a suitcase and eating a ridiculous amount of beef. And I mean an absolute a shit-ton of it -- four days' worth of red meat.

Dear god, someone get me a salad and an enema.


Out of all of the beef gluttony, the most educational was a comparative tasting of grass-fed beef (left) vs. corn-finished (right) and what kind of Cabernet pairs best with each. Answer: Older and/or more delicate Cabs go well with the grass-fed, while bigger wines go with the fattier, more marbled corn-finished. (Side note: I am kind of embarrassed to admit that when it came to tasting the steaks on their own, I liked the corn-finished better, even though I'm an advocate for grass-fed. Great, huh? Not only am I constipated, I'm a hypocrite.)


After about 48 hours of this beef diet, I started to wonder if my employer was secretly trying to fatten me up, as though I were a goose, and they were planning to turn me into some kind of human, beef-fed version of foie gras and then try to pair me with Cabernet.

(Have I mentioned I've also gotten very little sleep on this trip?) 


I won't say what that carrot above reminds me of.


I think it's going to be a very long time before I eat beef again.

1 comment

dirty said...

OMG I just laughed so hard at work reading this. Hope you had a good poo.