Powered by Blogger.

so far, so good

After toasting the start of 2013 with a little bit of this ...


... I woke up this morning, laced up my Ravennas and ran the Empire Runners Resolution Run 5K.


Confession: I didn't want to. Bed sounded so much better. (Just for the record, I wasn't hungover, just feeling extremely lazy.) And when I finally dragged myself to the starting line, I told everyone I knew that my race was probably going to suck since I was still recovering from the flu. (True story. See the complete absence of blogging in the past few weeks for proof.) 

But here's the thing about running: It's always worth it. I finished in 27:46 (so much better than I thought I would), came in ninth in my age group (30 to 39 -- a wider age range than normal) and beat two personal rivals (yes).


And the day got even better. I found the wishbone in my chicken at lunch -- and won the wishbone pull. And tonight I got an e-mail from one of my favorite restaurants that my name was chosen for a $50 gift card. (I had randomly dropped my business card in their fish bowl yesterday.)

Dear 2013: So far, I'm a huge fan. 

No comments