Powered by Blogger.

rain, rain, go away


Don't be surprised if I look like this in 24 hours.

Only perhaps soggier and more bedraggled.

Because tomorrow is the big day: Showtime for the event I've been planning for work for months now.

I will fly down to L.A. at 6:30 a.m. I will spend the whole day setting up. I will tell people where to put the rentals. I will polish glasses and carry chairs. I will stuff goodie bags.

And I will probably get soaked.

Because my event is outside in a parking lot. And according to the weather forecast, there's a 50 percent chance of rain tomorrow. And not just any rain, thundershowers. (Seriously, what is it with me and precipitation lately? It's like I have a permanent cloud over my head.)

We are tenting everything, but I'm still nervous. This is L.A. -- people freak out when it rains. They forget how to drive. They decide not to leave the house. They don't show up.

Oh crap, let it clear up by tomorrow evening!

No comments