Powered by Blogger.

and then there were two


Sad news: Laura is out with a pretty serious IT band injury, so it looks like Neveia and I are going to Portland without her. I feel bad -- she was really looking forward to her first 26.2. And she was doing so well during training. When the three of us ran together at Duncans Mills (in the photo above, that's Laura and me in the foreground, Neveia in the back), she kicked some serious ass.

I'll be thinking about her when I'm running next weekend (next weekend already -- wow!). I know it's going to get tough after Mile 18, and I'll be dedicating each of those final miles to the special people in my life. She's definitely one of them.

This just goes to show that part of the challenge of the marathon is just making it to the starting line.

1 comment

derrick tsang said...

:( I'm so sorry to hear that. Hopefully Laura will get healed up soon. 1 more week of taper! Enjoy it and rest up!