Powered by Blogger.

eating it up, writing it down


What will this mattar paneer -- which Todd made from scratch because he knows peas-and-cheese is my favorite Indian dish -- do to tomorrow's five-mile run?

And other such questions are the reason I started a food journal. I figure keeping track of everything I eat and noting how my diet affects my workouts will be key as I prepare for Portland. Last year, I definitely encountered some GI issues while training, and I don't want that to happen again.

Today is only the second day of journal-keeping, and I've already discovered some bad habits. First of all, I don't drink nearly enough water as I think I do. In fact, yesterday, I only had a measly three glasses. Also, I've realized I let a lot of time pass between meals, so by the time I sit down to eat, I'm absolutely ravenous and end up overeating. And I definitely need to eat more whole foods -- nuts, fruit, grains -- and fewer processed foods.

Lots to work on in the next 18 weeks before race day!

No comments