Powered by Blogger.

double digits

This morning's 10-miler is the farthest I've run since Windsor.

And just in case we need to remember Windsor, this is what a sub-2 half marathon finish looks like:

After that race, I gave myself a little break and cut my weekly mileage by about 50 percent. Work also got really hectic, and then we went out of town two weekends in a row. As a result, my runs were three- and four-milers, squeezed in whenever and wherever I could. (The good part: Todd has started running again, so we've been doing most of these shorter runs together, and it's been a lot of fun.)

But I'm back now -- ran with the Turtles and did much better than I expected. When I woke up this morning, I wasn't sure if I'd run 10 -- especially since my longest run in a month was the six-miler I did Thursday -- but when I got out there, I felt great.

I ended up running those 10 miles at a 9:32 average pace. This is pretty much an entire minute faster than what I was aiming for. According to my training plan for SF (which I created using Runner's World's SmartCoach tool, because I'm too lazy to write one up myself and also because I wanted to experiment with having a target pace for each run), I was supposed to run at 10:30. But like I said, I felt good today, so I just went with it. Not sure what it means for training, though.

No comments