Powered by Blogger.

pandas do not run or swim


I think this pretty much describes it.

Today I officially deferred my New York entry and cancelled my trip. I guess Momofuku and Ippudo are going to have to wait until 2012.

I know it's for the best, but I still can't help feeling down.


In other uplifting news, apparently I totally suck at open water swimming. Sunday's swim at Lake Sonoma went something like this:

I waded into the lake. My friend said: "It feels like we're standing in diarrhea." I freaked out. There were boats, hence wakes. I freaked out. There were plants that wrapped around my arms. I freaked out. My friend said: "So. Are you planning to swim?" I said: "I think maybe I'll just tread water right here for awhile."

I tried again tonight at Johnson's Beach -- joined another friend for a swim clinic led by Echelon. Spent the first half of the swim freaking out while the coach yelled: "Are you OK?" over and over again. Finally I calmed down and was able to do some drills and practice starting the triathlon and then making the transition out of the water with the rest of the group.

And then when I got home and took my bathing suit off, my boobs were covered in green algae.

Dear god, Sunday is going to be pure comedy. I have no idea how on earth I'm going to pull off a tri.

No comments