Powered by Blogger.

hippie pizza


... looks like this. And instead of being decadently debaucherous, like the kind I had at Rosso on Saturday, it's vegan, gluten-free and loaded with good-for-you veggies like kale and mushrooms. (The recipe calls for maitakes, but I substituted creminis, and they worked just fine.)

I made this polenta pizza not too long ago and really enjoyed it. It honestly didn't taste anything like "normal" pizza, but I liked how hearty it was -- filling, yet without the heavy feeling of a regular pie. The only bummer: The cook time. After you cook the polenta, then let it cool in the refrigerator, then take it out, then bake it for 40 minutes, then top it, and then bake it again, you've spent hours in the kitchen.

But if you have the time (and love kale anywhere near as much as I do), I highly recommend this recipe! You can find it here.

No comments