Powered by Blogger.

recovery meal


Did the Carneros Vineyard Run on Saturday. (This was prior to the mysterious illness that knocked me on my ass the past two days.)

I chose the 5K option, so the run was short.

But man, was it tough. The entire last part of the race was a gigantic hill leading up to a winery. (By the way, it is impossible for me to look at this label without thinking of, well, anatomy.) And that hill was steep. And my lungs were burning. And I actually thought that maybe I might throw up. But like a good little masochist, I powered through and made it to the top -- and was still able to sprint past some people with what little strength I had left.

And of course, I rewarded myself for my athletic endeavor. Naturally, there were doughnuts and a Bloody Mary post-race. So nice that Boon Fly was right by the course.

Note to self: Before the next race, do more hillwork. And more speedwork. And always make sure fried pastries are at the finish line.

No comments