Powered by Blogger.

metallic chocolate


So today I ate a Fling bar for the first time.

I bought it because we were at Safeway on our lunch break, looking for the April issue of GQ, and I was too embarrassed to buy the magazine all by itself, so I thought that maybe if I also bought “diet chocolate” in a pink wrapper, the whole Twilight-dork thing wouldn’t be as humiliating.

Really, I am much more intelligent than I sound. I swear.

But back to the Fling bar. I unwrapped it. And it sparkled. (And fellow Twilight dorks will realize that this is actually an extra-funny coincidence.)

And despite the bizarre, completely unnatural metallic sheen, I ate the damn thing anyway. It wasn’t bad – tasted like an imitation Twix minus the fatty goodness of caramel. But the glitteriness was definitely unnerving. I mean, sparkly chocolate can’t possibly be good for you. (Artificial flavors or colors, anyone?)

Anyway, reaching for the magazine now. Telling myself this is actually research for work so I can perfect my men’s lifestyle pitch.

Yeah, that’s it.

No comments