Powered by Blogger.

that time of year


Harvest started a few weeks ago. It's a weird year -- major frost this spring all over California, not much rain, then a heatwave at the end of August, followed by overcast days and fog. Which means a small crop that came in fast in the beginning, but has since slowed down with the cooler weather.

It also means he is working six days a week. And they've put him in charge of the night crew, so these are long, late days.

So I rent all the DVDs that he wouldn't want to watch. (Like the third season of "Grey's Anatomy," which really isn't all that great but I still watch it anyway.) And I take a very long time washing my face and use all the products I usually forget I even own. And I eat a lot of tomatoes and cottage cheese for dinner. And spend plenty of time at the gym or at happy hour with the girls.

No comments