Powered by Blogger.

the unveiling


Here's to a great grand opening for Tillerman! (And Taoist priests with great shoes!)

The event went really well. Plenty of people showed up to check out the new tea shop and the Oxbow Public Market. (Oxbow is partially open now, but it may take awhile before the entire market is up and running; it's still missing a few tenants. But when things come together, Oxbow will be like the North Bay's version of the Ferry Plaza, a.k.a. foodie heaven. I can't wait.) Photogs from the Chron and the Register took lots of shots of the cleansing ceremony, people loved the tea (I am now officially a big fan of pu'erh, by the way) and the dim sum snacks were a hit for dim sum-deprived Napans. (I can't even tell you how many people asked me where the food came from and then shared their stories about making road trips to San Francisco just for Chinese food.)

But the best part was catching up with people I hadn't seen in awhile. The former VP of sales at Clos Du Val was there -- I think it's been about a year since I saw her. She looks fabulous! And Jessa and Matt went, too. (There was lots of reminiscing about our old impromptu parties -- man, I miss those days.)

The mini-reunion made me realize how much I've been working lately -- and how I've hardly seen so many of my friends because of it. Yikes. I know it's early for resolutions, but note to self: Make more time to see people!

No comments