Powered by Blogger.

the most wonderful time of the year


Alert: A coworker just informed me the Starbucks holiday coffees are here. I avoid Starbucks like the plague any other time of the year (local places like Blue Bottle and Philz Coffee with the mint leaf on top are a bazillion times better), but I absolutely cannot resist the Starbucks eggnog latte. I've tried other eggnog lattes at independent coffee houses, but the truth is, nothing quite makes me as weak in the knees as the Starbucks version.

And it's not just the actual espresso-and-eggnog-in-a-red-cup concoction that gives me unparalleled pleasure: It's the fact that the eggnog latte signals Christmas. And I love Christmas. I love the lights and the terrible music and picking out a tree (we always go out of our way to pick the Charlie Brown one because even the skinniest, littlest tree needs a good home). I love ornaments and stockings and making a gift list (which I already created a few weeks ago -- and it's in Excel format because I'm just that excited). I love wrapping presents and baking cookies and surprising people.

Wow. I think I may have just squealed with delight.

2 comments

KPL said...

Eggnog is gross. Blech!

But Christmas is cool. I'll be getting my first tree for my new place! Yay! And there is a tree lot literally a half block away, so I can carry it home with someone from my apartment complex. Yay!

I'm glad someone has the heart to take home the Charlie Brown tree . . . I bet it's good on the pocket book. Why do we still use that term? Huh.

"Mr. Rost" said...

Add a little (six, teen shots) brandy to that eggnog and I'm in.