Powered by Blogger.

soiree for rosé


Just got home from pouring at RAP's "Winter Pink!" event at Ruby Skye. Those folks are brave to organize a Rosé tasting at this time of year, especially since their summer "Pink Out!" Rosé event wasn't too long ago, and many of the same producers participated in both.

A noble effort on all accounts, and I hope it pays off: Rosé doesn't have to be just a summer drink. It's one of the most versatile food wines -- good with everything from seafood to veggie dishes to game to steak to pizza. And since the holidays are a time for eating, why not serve Rosé? (And let me add that it's a hell of a good deal -- usually under $20!)

This is what I'm trying to tell the media. Unfortunately, only a handful of press were at tonight's event. I e-mailed a number of contacts yesterday to find out if they would be attending, and the responses included "Sorry, I'm in Paris," "Sorry, I'm in Hong Kong" and "Sorry, I just got back from the Rhône and I must recover."

I need a vacation.

No comments