Powered by Blogger.

boon

I've swum the Vineman route three times now in the past week. (Just for the record: Today was especially icky. I don't know what's going on, but there was a lot of green furriness near the turnaroud. So not fun to put your face in that. But I digress.)


Few things make me hungrier than swimming, which means I've eaten at boon eat + drink three times in the past week.


I suppose it's safe to assume I'm obsessed with the place. I love the orange chairs on the patio. And the manager with the '70s mustache. And the wall decorated with repeating images of a dog catching a frisbee. 


But the food is really something else. Case in point: Sunday's brunch.




Poached eggs over polenta and greens with goat cheese crumbles. Hell yes.


Tonight there was chilled beet soup with crème fraîche and hazelnuts.




Like a work of art, yes?


Dear Vineman: You beat me up and make me question myself. But you've introduced me to what just may be my new favorite Sonoma County restaurant. And for that, I am grateful.


Anyway, in non-food-related triathlon training news: I ran 11.3 miles this morning -- longest run since the Halloween half. It felt good.


The same cannot be said for the post-run shower, during which I discovered my sports bra had peeled a strip of skin off of my chest. 


Apologies to the neighbors for the screaming that came from my bathroom.

No comments