Powered by Blogger.

at altitude

Yes, I did wake up at 6:15 this morning to run. Yes, the altitude was brutal, and I felt like an elephant was stepping on my chest. And yes, my Garmin completely freaked out and said I ran 5.8 miles in 33 minutes (ha!) when I actually probably ran a little more than a 5K.

But man, was it gorgeous out there.

Remember the last time I was in Aspen and I spent the entire time riding every trail I could find? I rediscovered some of those trails this morning, and they're just as beautiful as I recalled. For some reason, the flowers here seem brighter than anywhere else. (Maybe the altitude does funny things to a person's perception of color?)

Unfortunately, I left my camera behind, so no photos. However, I did find a great little restaurant for a post-run meal. Poached eggs over veggies? Yes, please!


No comments