Powered by Blogger.

and thus sayeth daft punk


Last night I dreamed the San Francisco Marathon was being run through my parents' house (which is strange since my parents actually live in Agoura Hills), and we had to move all of the furniture to make way for the Kenyans.

Clearly, I am obsessed.

Yes, despite the fact that I am back to eating burritos and drinking wine (right now, there's an 08 Wachica Los Carneros Chardonnay in my glass -- if you've never heard of it, that's because the Wachica label doesn't really exist yet -- job perks, baby, job perks), all I can think about is running.

Part of this is because I am not satisfied with my 4:50 marathon time. I know I sound like a brat, but I want to go faster. This desire for speed seems to be the fate of any runner. It's like that Daft Punk song -- harder, better, faster, stronger.

It's also sort of like crack. (Or like the 08 Wachica Los Carneros Chardonnay, which I can't seem to put down.)

So I research races: Portland, Eugene, Marine Corps, Vegas. And I think about what 2010 may hold. I haven't made a decision about my next 26.2 yet, but this is what I have lined up so far:

January: No racing, just training. And lots of it. With a focus on speedwork.

February: Kaiser Permanente Half Marathon on Super Bowl Sunday. I have a soft spot for this race -- it was my first ever this year, and it changed my life (cheesy, but so true). I'm hoping to go back and PR.

March: Big Sur Mud Run with my lovely runner girls! Gonna get down and dirty with Jessa, Ashley, Cynthia and Larissa.

April: Who knows? Still up in the air at this point.

May: Avenue of the Giants with Marcos and Julie. And -- wait for it -- possibly Todd. (Seriously, if Todd starts running with me, I will be so excited.) Haven't decided yet if I will do the half or the full, though I'm leaning toward the half. Also, Bay to Breakers -- I was deathly ill this year and missed it -- don't want to let that happen again.

June: Again, who knows? Haven't ruled out the San Diego 26.2.

July: Definitely doing the SF Half. Tugs at my heartstrings, this one does. Oh, SF, how I love you! (Even though your hills will kick my ass.)

No comments