Powered by Blogger.

workin' it


Blame the bad blogging on The Auction that Took Over My Life. As soon as I got back from Australia, I became immersed in Napa's major trade auction. This event is huge -- all the major wine buyers are in town, and the media is out in full force, too. So I was running around, making sure our wine was where it needed to be, trying to figure out what the wine writer from the Chicago Tribune looked like so I would be able to pick him out of a crowd and pouring at hospitality events. The result: 11-hour workdays, lots of miles on my car and a pair of very sore feet. (Note to self: Do not wear heels when you have to stand and pour wine at two back-to-back tastings!)

But the craziness was worth it. I did meet the Trib writer (I was told to look for his partner, who happens to have really amazing glasses), found out the Dallas Morning News writer shares my love of $2 thrift store finds, and may have secured some press for our flagship Cab. All good!

No comments