Powered by Blogger.

caution: delayed post ahead


It's funny -- lately at work, I've been putting together a plan for how we can incorporate alternative media (social networking sites, blogging, etc.) into our marketing strategy, and one of the points I've been emphasizing is that in order to have a successful blog, you have to update at least twice a week.

Meanwhile, I am totally failing to update my own blog regularly.

So tonight, my attempt to catch up.

First, the LVMH tasting on Jan. 27 at the absolutely unbelievable Tubbs Mansion in San Francisco. For those of you who don't know LVMH, those initials stand for Louis Vuitton Moët Hennessey. So pretty much luxury, luxury, luxury. This is the group that owns Yquem (my favorite wine ever), Cheval Blanc (my first taste of St. Émilion Premiere Grand Cru!), Dom (I swear, I can never drink this wine without thinking of child actors), Veuve, Ruinart, etc.

Before I continue, let me explain that the only reason we were at this tasting is because my former boss -- the woman who introduced me to the wonderful world of PR, way back when I was still a grad student on the East Coast -- now works for LVMH. So we were lucky enough to be invited to an event where absolutely everyone else was dressed in black designer clothing and reeked of money. We were by far the most underdressed people there. (Sadly, even my rockin' J Brands were not enough.) And at first, we felt very awkward. But hey, there's nothing a few glasses of high-end bubbly can't fix.

I wish I could tell you about the wines, but now so much time has passed since the tasting that I can't even remember what vintage of Yquem I had. (I know, I know -- this is a sin of the worst kind.) All I know is that it was fabulous, as Yquem always is. I also remember being mad for the Veuve Grand Dame Rosé and the Cape Mentelle Chardonnay. And I liked Newton's The Puzzle blend. And Ruinart was very nice, too.

What I can tell you, though, with much clarity, is that the Tubbs Mansion is insane. Three gorgeous, gigantic floors, plus a basement. And an elevator. An elevator! We actually tried to take the elevator down from the top floor, but after pressing the button and waiting for it forever, we decided to take the stairs (spiral, beautiful, also insane). And as we reached the ground floor, we realized why the elevator wasn't coming: Amidst the black-clad rich people was the San Francisco Fire Department, trying to pry the door open. Apparently, the owners of the house were stuck! It was quite dramatic. But again, there's nothing a little high-end bubbly can't fix. Oh, and caution tape, too.

No comments