Powered by Blogger.

still full


My trip to L.A. ended Friday, but I am still recovering from the extremely decadent doughnuts I ate at Grace Restaurant last Wednesday. This photo doesn't even come close to doing these fabulous fried pastries justice.

The thing to know about Grace: Every Wednesday is Doughnut Shoppe Night. (Thank you to the fabulous Amy Reiley for the tip!) Grace pastry chef Elizabeth Belkind swaps out the usual dessert menu and replaces it with a list of doughnuts that range from the traditional (chocolate glazed) to the unexpected (grey tea mousse-filled). And each order of doughnuts comes with a choice of ice cream or milkshake.

I went for the three-doughnuts-and-a-vanilla-milkshake option, which was $9. I got the grey tea mousse-filled doughnut, the hazelnut glazed and the powdered sugar. All amazing. All worth the bellyache that followed.

Thank goodness I don't live in L.A., or I'd be at Grace every week, with doughnut crumbs on my chin.

No comments