Powered by Blogger.

some people search for the perfect wine


But I go to Napa five days a week, and search for the perfect burrito.

True, my search is somewhat limited; I've stayed mainly around Trancas and Salvador and haven't really branched out to the downtown area or the part of town near Copia yet. And I haven't even thought about driving up to Calistoga -- there's not enough time on my lunch break for that.

So far, the Search for Wine Country's Perfect Burrito has been pretty disheartening. And I've even tried the taco trucks -- you know, Tacos Michoacan, that silver catering van at the gas station. (Yes, I was brave and I walked right up there and asked for un burrito vegetariano, por favor. But even that was a disappointment.)

I was told that Villa Corona had a good vegetarian burrito, so I went there yesterday to give it a try.

What a letdown: Not enough sour cream! Too many mushrooms! (Why are there mushrooms in a burrito in the first place?) And no guacamole or salsa at all! And the whole thing was smothered in green sauce.

But the weirdest part was the onions. There were tons and tons and tons of sauteed onions in that burrito.

In fact, I think I can still smell them.

No comments