Powered by Blogger.

dim sum and then some


I used to date a guy who found dim sum frightening. The crowds, the noise, the sometimes unidentifiable food -- he hated the experience. In the almost three years we were together, we had dim sum just once.

He also hated most vegetables -- literally had a list of only 10 he would touch. Mushrooms, potatoes and green onions were included. None of which, I believe, really qualifies as a vegetable. (Mushrooms are fungi. Potatoes are starch. Green onions count, I suppose, but aren't they used more for flavor purposes?)

I like a man who will experiment. One who is adventurous. Few things are sexier than dim sum on a Saturday morning, and there he is, sitting next to me, with baby octopus on his plate.

"I'll try anything at least once," he says.

No comments