Powered by Blogger.

the pre-race report

I know I am dragging out this race report, but I am still pretty surprised I finished SF. Some less-than-stellar decisions were made before I reached the start line.

Case in point: Bowling. On Friday -- the very first day my hip and rec fem actually felt better and I wasn't pain every time I stood up -- I thought it would be a good idea to hurl a 9-pound ball at a bunch of pins. (Don't laugh. I'm small. Nine is all I can handle.)


As you can see by my absolutely hideous form, this was a poor, poor choice. I aggravated my hip all over again. The worst part? My high score of the night was 52. So not worth the pain.

And then there was the night before the race. Neveia and I were sharing a hotel room, and we ended up having one of those heart-to-heart, god-I-have-the-best-friends-in-the-whole-world conversations. And before we knew it, it was after midnight. And our start time was 6:02 a.m. Oops. I think I got maybe three hours of sleep max before the race.

Thank god I had the sense to make some good choices too. First, there was the KT tape. I taped my hip flexor myself, and then a physical therapist at the expo taped my knee.


And then of course, I had to channel some cat power.


Because nothing says "tough" like a fat housecat tattoo.

No comments