Powered by Blogger.

le rêve


As you know, je suis étudiante. And tonight in my French class, one of my classmates walked in wearing a Boston Marathon track jacket and told our teacher she won't be in class next Monday because she'll be running the race.

"C'est génial!" I said. (OK, I didn't really say that, but I did say something along those lines. Only in English.) "I can only dream!"

And she said: "You can do it."

To which I responded: "Um, maybe if I am 60 and still running."

But what if she's right? What if maybe I really can do it? And I'm not talking about 30 years from now -- what if I actually did it before I turned 35?

This would mean cutting one hour and 10 minutes off of my current marathon time, which seems completely insane. I would have to run an 8:24 pace for 26.2 miles. At the moment, 9:30 is comfortable to me for shorter distances.

But what if I could?

No comments