Powered by Blogger.

horse wine


I admit it: I bought this wine largely because Seattle-based Garagiste (my favorite wine retailer) literally advertised it as the "horse wine." But unlike all those people who buy Yellowtail and Luna di Luna (it comes in a blue bottle!) for the packaging, I did not see the label before I bought the wine. Garagiste merely sent me an e-mail, describing this "horse wine" as "the essence of true Beaujolais" with flavors somewhere between Pinot and Gamay.

(I guess this makes me a sucker for the well-written advertisement. What would you rather be: a softie for words or for images?)

I like horses. I like Beaujolais. And I trust Garagiste.

Plus the price was an unbeatable $13.99.

I'm pleased to say this 2004 Coudert Clos de la Roilette Fleurie did not disappoint. It was light but not watery, fruity but still complex. Imagine a cherry-flavored LifeSaver, but with a hint of spice, and without the nasty sugary feeling that coats your teeth afterwards.

That's the horse wine. And I'm excited because I still have two bottles left at home. Perfect summer drinking.

No comments