Powered by Blogger.

I tried

Today is the last day of my tri team’s healthy habits challenge

I’d say I was about 75 percent successful. My hydration habits have definitely improved. (I'm sitting here with a water bottle right now.) I managed to foam roll for a week. And I’ve gotten better at putting the phone down before bed and picking up a book instead. (Currently reading Hillary Clinton’s What Happened. Figured I should pick this up after she became my Ironman mantra.) 

Life, however, did get keep me from going all-out on the healthy habits. 

On the weekend I was supposed to be avoiding alcohol, Big Ginger and I went to the Vikings-Saints game. And the Minneapolis Miracle happened. And I may or may not have cried in public and then run down the street cheering and hugging a bunch of people I have never seen before in my life. 


I mean, how on earth was I supposed to not drink? 

(Related: How on earth was I not supposed to not drink after the Vikings lost the NFC Championship game? And how on earth am I not in fetal position, pulling out all my hair, as all these Eagles fans arrive in Minneapolis for the Super Bowl? Gah!) 

Then the weekend I was supposed to avoid added sugars, Annie and I went to Austin for a girls trip that revolved entirely around food and trying to eat as much queso as possible. 


Call me a skeptic, but I’m pretty sure queso isn’t gently melted cheese straight from a grass-fed cow.

No comments