Powered by Blogger.

on the road again

So what do I do after my whiny last post about wanting to finally unpack and feel like I really have a home?

Throw a bunch of crap in a suitcase and head out for a whirlwind trip: Three states in 10 days, a combo of work and play.

Stop 1: Washington, D.C.

Where there was a very pretty brunch at a new spot ...


... and a tasty reunion at an old spot.

Pepyoke -- my favorite!

I've eaten at so many restaurants all over the world, yet Mandalay remains the love of my life -- it will always feel like home.

Other random D.C. thoughts: "House of Cards" has tainted my view of this city, especially of the Metro. How can you not look at this and think: Dirty politician-murderer-fear-fear-fear!

Eerie!

Also, apparently, on Saturday nights women don't wear clothes here, just obscenely short bandage dresses. In fact, if my outfit of jeans and a tank were deconstructed, it probably could've clothed 10 people. That's how little fabric everyone was actually wearing. (Dear god, I'm old and cranky, aren't I?)

And finally: The architecture is pretty freaking breathtaking.


Stop 2: New York

Where my morning run became an emotional experience ...



... and also a bit of a sightseeing tour.



While there, I visited my aunt in Midtown:


And wandered through Erika's old neighborhood, Gramercy Park. (It still hurts. I don't think it will ever stop hurting. And the funny thing is I don't ever want it to. I don't want her to ever just be "something that happened.")

And I also took the subway to Williamsburg to meet Kate for dinner and a drink:



Nothing like a whiskey at the end of the day.

Stop 3: Ohio

Yeah, I never thought I'd say that either.

No comments