Powered by Blogger.

sorry, mom

You know those moments when you think that maybe somehow you've gone back in time and you're 18 again and perhaps on the verge of doing something really stupid yet incredibly awesome?

Like when you find yourself initialing paperwork warning you about the possibility of fainting and injury and that the actions you are about to consent to will most likely be totally irreversible for the rest of your life?

And when you are grateful your mom lives hundreds of miles away so she can't do that whole subtle Asian-mom-quietly-yet-horribly-pinching-you-under-the-arm thing because she is really, really upset with you?

Yeah.


I guess I'm officially Seattle now. (And also possibly going through an early mid-life crisis.)

And in case you're wondering: Yes, that's my left forearm. Yes, it's a quote from a song that I have listened to multiple times a day every single day for the last six months because the lyrics pretty much describe how I feel about a lot of things in my life. Yes, I also chose this quote because it's completely appropriate for Ironman Arizona, which I've decided will be my first 140.6 in 2014. And yes, I went with this specific placement so I could look at the quote while checking my Garmin during a workout.  

No comments