Powered by Blogger.

because I'm lazy and hungry

Another example of my conflicted personality: I love food and cooking, but with my non-stop travel schedule, all free time spent training and possession of a Godzilla-sized appetite that demands immediate gratification, I rarely have time to prepare a meal and often end up ordering delivery (the Eat24 app makes this far too easy) or dining out -- neither of which are particularly healthy or good for the wallet.

So imagine my sheer delight when I stopped at Eat Local on the way home from my track workout tonight. This little shop features frozen prepared meals made with local organic ingredients -- no preservatives, chemicals or fillers. There's everything from main dishes to side dishes to soups to desserts. (Yes, they actually have a take-and-bake version of the molten chocolate lava cake that I fantasize about on a daily basis -- I swear, I almost died of joy.) They also serve Stumptown coffee and sell beans. And everything is labeled gluten-free, vegan, vegetarian or dairy-free.

I stocked up on a few meal options.


Aren't the Nikki McClure labels an awesome touch? I'm a sucker for packaging.

I had the Paprika Chicken Breast with Broccoli Florets tonight. (I've been eating a little more meat lately to up the protein in my diet.) This photo kind of makes it look like a big pile of goop, but let me tell you, that goop was good goop.


I also like that the portions are reasonable. I don't feel like a fat-ass after eating this, but at the same time, I'm pretty satisfied.

And speaking of dead birds, let's change gears and talk about this. (Don't you just love that unexpected segue? It was sort of like M. Night Shyamalan, but less cheesy.)


I found this poor little dino-bird outside my door as I was leaving for the track. The teeny guy must've fallen out of a nest. I couldn't just leave him there to become a plaything for the neighborhood cats, so I picked him up and buried him in the garden. 

No comments