Powered by Blogger.

viva las vegas


I am in Vegas for work.

I think maybe I am this city's worst nightmare: I go to bed early, I don't like to gamble and I hate strange men grinding on me. In other words, I'm not exactly a Sin City sinner.

Except when it comes to food. Oh, man. Food. My "big night out on the town" consisted of dinner at Wynn's newly-opened Lakeside Grill. (And when I say new, I mean new -- this baby opened its doors Nov. 4!)

All I have to say is this: Pace yourself throughout the meal so you have room for the dessert cart, which is chock-full of creative little bite-sized treats, like these mini caramel apple lollipops. There is also an incredible tropical fruit tart (a must if you are like me and love coconut) and a trio of truffles, one of which has actual Pop Rocks on it and literally explodes in your mouth. And perhaps the most exciting thing: A housemade bacon chocolate bar. (I didn't eat this because I am trying really hard to be good and vegetarian, but the restaurant gave me a sample to take home, and I'm saving it for Todd.)

And now I am so full and so exhausted (I honestly can't remember the last time I stayed up this late). Pardon me while I lapse into a food coma.

No comments