Powered by Blogger.

firsts



Two things I have never done until recently:

Cheered out loud at my TV. By myself. In pajamas. While eating Chinese takeout. But this is exactly what I did tonight while watching the Giants game. Renteria -- power! And the Beard. Seriously, how can you not love the Beard? He's just so wonderfully weird!

Trained for two marathons this close together. I still can't believe I'm going to attempt CIM in December -- less than two months after Portland. Even crazier: I want to try to PR. And not a teeny-tiny 22-second PR like last time -- I want to shave off minutes. Balancing post-race recovery while training for another race has been tough, though. Yesterday's 16-miler pretty much worked me. Those previously mentioned pajamas? Let's just say there's a reason I'm ready for bed before 8 p.m.

2 comments

Amber said...

I think it's amazing you're doing 2 marathons so close together! I'm thinking of doing another one at the end of May (almost 8 months after Portland) and my boyfriend thinks I'm crazy! Lol

Get lots of rest, your legs will thank you :)

Michaela said...

It took me a REALLY long time to want to start training for another 26.2 after I ran CIM last year. I still don't know if doing two back-to-back like this is going to be a good idea. I am exhausted!