Powered by Blogger.

humble pie after dark


Forgot to mention we went to Humble Pie for dinner Friday night, which means I got to check one more name off the list.

The verdict: Loved it as much for dinner as I do for brunch. The food is just so good and not pretentious, and the people who work there seem genuinely nice. And the restaurant itself is adorable -- they re-decorate it every so often, and right now, there are bare branches hanging from the ceiling with white Christmas lights and brown eggs suspended from ribbons. (OK, I know that sounds weird, but it looks cool -- like you're part of a giant magical bird's nest.)

We ordered several appetizers to share, of which my favorite was the warm bread with housemade butters (dill butter and lemon butter) and olive tapenade -- so good and just so comforting. For my main, I had the chicken jalapeño pie -- chicken, peppers, cheese and black beans in a flaky crust with a green salad on the side.

I pretty much licked my plate clean.

No comments