Powered by Blogger.

little treat


Checking things off the list.

Today's stop: Kara's Cupcakes in Napa's Oxbow Public Market. I waited patiently in line for a passion fruit mini -- a fluffy vanilla cupcake (seriously, the cake was light as air -- how do they do this?) with passion fruit filling and vanilla buttercream frosting (which was also equally weightless). Loved it!

As much as I have a soft spot for Sift Cupcakery in Rohnert Park (they made my wedding cupcakes, after all), Kara's tops all of the fancy-pants cupcake "boutiques" I've tried.

I wish Oxbow weren't so far away so I could indulge more often.

2 comments

Michelle Panik said...

Does "passion fruit filling" mean a fruit compote center? Like a jelly donut? Mmmmmm...

Michaela said...

Not exactly jelly doughnut -- a little chunkier than that and not as gel-like. And it was only a tiny dollop -- just enough for a little bite without getting too messy.