Powered by Blogger.

six minutes of fame


Had my "big TV debut" today -- I did a segment on Australian sparkling wine on "The View From the Bay," a daytime talkshow based out of the San Francisco ABC station.

I can't even tell you how nervous I was. So much preparation went into this. The producer wanted three sparkling wines, and the wineries I represent only have two, so I had to track down a third -- and then learn all about it. (Crash course in sparkling Shiraz!)

I also made a list of all the potential questions I could think of and made sure I knew the answers. I even looked up Australian geography and how to properly pronounce Melbourne ("Mel-burn," not "Mel-born").

Basically, I felt like my head was spinning.

The nerves were so bad that I could barely sleep last night. I kept waking up in a panic, thinking: Oh my god, will they ask me to explain the secondary fermentation process?

Luckily, I was able to calm down by the time I got to the studio. And the whole experience turned out to be a lot of fun. (I adore Spencer Christian -- I remember watching him on "Good Morning America" when I was growing up. He is an incredibly nice guy -- one of my favorite media contacts. Doing the segment actually felt a lot like I was just hanging out with friends and talking about wine.)

Anyway, here's the segment in case you want to check it out. (And by the way, behind that counter, I am wearing stilettos and standing on a box, yet I am still ridiculously short compared to everyone else!)

1 comment

mloagogo said...

You did great -- I really had no idea you were that nervous. I too, like SC and my GMA-lovin' family all missed him when he left that show. Wow, you were in heels & on a box? Good thing you didn't twist your ankle & fall off!